We all know that finding the right type of blocked drain solution can be hard. A blocked drain means that there is water clogging. But before your drain gets blocked, there are warning signs.
You will notice when is clogging. You may begin to see pooling around your shower for a longer time. So it is essential that you clean your drain on regular basis - whether it is a simple home DIY job or one for the professionals.
Solutions to try
- Bend the wire of a clothes hanger to try to dislodge the deposited garbage from your drain. Make sure that you turn the hanger like a hook so that it can go through the pores of your drain. You can try out this process a few times and then flush out your drain with plenty of water.
- Baking soda and vinegar can also be effective. Mix around one-third baking soda and vinegar, then pour into the drain. The fizzling action will remove the gunk, hair, and all the other foreign particles from your drains. Then you can flush out your drain with warm water.
- You can even try a wet and dry vacuum. Cover up the vent during the time of vacuuming so that it does not create a mess.
- Boiling water is also worth a try. Allow the hot water to be passed down the clogged pore. With the help of the same, the gunk will come out.
- Clean the pipe if you have clogged drainage. Your plumber will know the best method for this. Apart from that, they can use some advanced tools and biodegradable chemical to clean your drain.
A lot of problems can be caused by a blocked drain. This is why you need to find the right solution to clear it.
Blocked drains can impact on the hygiene and cleanliness of your home. It is better to hire experts in the field who can clean your old drains and, if required, replace the old system with a new one.