Home Design Guides: Energy efficiency, Insulation
- Reduces heat transfer very effectively
- Excellent acoustic insulation
- Costs much more than single glazing
- Improves solar and thermal control
- Reduces UV transmission
- Relatively expensive
- Can reduce solar heat gain in winter
Insulation can make a big difference to how long your bathtub is able to retain its heat, and as a result, might also significantly affect your gas or electricity bills.
Walls can play a big part in how energy efficient a house is - particularly in terms of how much heat they absorb and release.
Having the right insulation can make a huge difference to the amount of energy your home needs to stay at a comfortable temperature, and will also help to reduce your carbon footprint.